- NStress / Tension
- NGuilt / Forgiveness
- NCoping Skills
- NBad Habits
- NStop Smoking
- NLose Weight
- NBehavior Modification
- NWork Productivity
- NPublic Speaking
- NAnger / Resentment
- NAnxiety / Fears / Phobias
- NDecision Making
- NPositive Attitude
- NPre / Post Surgery
- NStudy Skills / Test Anxiety
- NImagery / Visualization
- NAthletic Performace
- And more . . .
What is hypnosis?
- Hypnosis is a profound state of relaxation and meditative experience that enhances the senses allowing the conscious mind to be diverted, letting the subconscious mind take over and store suggestions to achieve goals.
- It occurs naturally like a daydream…
- Have you ever been DRIVING while deep in thought and passed up your exit? You were actually in a natural state of hypnosis! But how??
Because we have two minds…
The “busy” conscious mind enables us to see, feel, hear, taste, and think.
But underneath, the subconscious mind is always working and is in charge of all activities that become habitual (like driving). It also believes everything quite literally and is a storehouse for all memories.
- The term Hypnosis was derived from the Greek word “hypno,” meaning sleep. This is very misleading because you are not asleep. Yet are deeply relaxed, more alert, in control, and remember everything.
How does hypnotherapy work?
- We will discuss goals, with all information kept confidential. I will help you to discover which of the senses you primarily use to process and learn. For example, are you more visual (seeing), auditory (hearing), or kinesthetic (feeling). This is important for hypnosis to work, and understand ourselves and others.
- While in a peaceful environment, I will guide you into deep relaxation, with suggestions pertaining to your goals, using visualization, imagery, and even storytelling. Suggestions are retained or embedded in your subconscious mind.
- The process works on a belief system, with success depending on the individual. Three sessions are recommended to resolve an issue, although additional sessions may be needed to achieve your goal.
Did you know . . . ?
“It’s not always a matter of will power.” Sometimes a change cannot occur simply through our intention to get rid of a troublesome habit. Hypnosis can help.
- The more you are hypnotized, the deeper you go under, attaining greater success.
- There are three ways the subconscious mind acquires knowledge:
Repetition, Trauma, and Hypnosis.
- Anytime you have a change in behavior, you have a change in the brain.
- Words can be just as powerful as drugs.
- During hypnosis you are not asleep.
- You cannot be made to do anything under hypnosis. For example, act like a chicken.
- In the 1840’s and 1850’s, before the development of chemical anesthetics, hypnosis was used during surgery by some physicians.
- In 1958, the American Medical Association recognized hypnosis as a valid treatment modality.
Thought is energy